In western Tasmania, Flynn Gold holds the Henty Zinc Project, a 130km2 landholding under two 100% owned exploration licences. The Henty Project provides Flynn with a dominant position in a rich base metals field close to infrastructure, including an existing zinc/lead concentrate producer (MMG’s Rosebery mine).
The Grieves Siding Prospect is an advanced resource target within the Henty Zinc Project showing significant exploration potential. Mineralisation has been drilled at Grieves Siding over an 800m strike associated with a dolomite-siderite alteration.
High-grade mineralisation drill intercepts include;
- ZG107: 2m @ 11.5% Zn from 124m, and 8.35m @ 13.9% Zn, 8.5% Pb from 154.5m;
- ZG363: 9m @ 7.5% Zn from 65m, and 2.4m @ 2.8% Zn, 1.6% Pb from 98.6m;
- DD18HG002: 3m @ 7.4% Zn, 0.9% Pb from 103.7m, and 3.0m @ 3.2% Zn, 3.2% Pb, 16.9 g/t Ag;
- ZG406: 3m @ 24.3% Zn from 115m, and 4.0 m @ 5.5% Zn, 2.0% Pb, 32 g/t Ag from 162m;
- DD18HG003: 1m @ 15.6% Zn, 1.1% Pb from 124m;
- DD18HG005: 4m @ 5.7% Zn, 0.2% Pb from 93.8m; and 1.5m @ 4.3% Zn, 12.% Pb, 30.3 g/t Ag from 147.7m
The Mariposa Prospect is a lead-zinc silver target with significant historical drilling. It is located in the north-eastern part of the project. Mineralisation is known from two stratigraphic zones, an east lode hosted in the Lower Siderite Unit at the base of the Gordon Limestone in the same position as Grieves Siding and the main west lode hosted in the Upper Dolomite Unit close to the upper contact of the Gordon Limestone. The host Gordon Limestone is steeply dipping and is directly underlain by Dundas Group which may be a fault contact.
In 2022, Flynn secured an option to acquire 100% of the Firetower Project from Greatland Gold plc (LSE: GGP). The Firetower Project (62km2) is an advanced gold plus VHMS battery metals project which includes three notable prospects – Firetower Prospect, Firetower East Prospect and Firetower West Prospect.